Helping your child find their passion is like discovering hidden treasures. And no, this is not about finding what career path they intend to take, or how they plan to earn their living. It’s about fostering their inner talents and letting them grow into what they actually enjoy. Or simply put, what makes them feel most at peace, or which activity they would revert to, on a lazy Sunday afternoon? In this blog, we’ll talk about a simple, friendly approach to help your child figure out what truly lights them up.
1. Encourage Exploration: Allowing your child to experiment with various activities is the first step. Give children the chance to try new things, whether it be through art, dance, music or maybe a foreign language. Provide opportunities to participate in workshops and summer classes, and keep them informed about online courses. The key is to let them explore a wide range of interests without urging them in any specific direction. Once they find their calling, you will hear them saying “Yes! This is where my heart belongs!”
2. Take Note of Their Interests: Here’s an open secret: Parenting can be an interesting journey. What attracts or interests each child can be as different and unique as their fingerprints! It's a rewarding process to ask yourself these questions frequently, and find their answers: Is my child drawn towards books on wildlife? Do they constantly ask questions about technology? You can determine their interests by using these clues. Pay attention to the topics that they dwell upon, or discuss repeatedly. You will be amazed when you find the answers!
3. Make open-ended queries: Have discussions with your child about their interests. Try asking open-ended questions, rather than yes-or-no ones, such as “What do you enjoy doing the most of your time?” or “ Is there something you’ve always wanted to learn?” Actively listen to what they are saying, while avoiding judgement. This will make them feel valued, and make them ponder upon their interests.
4. Provide resources: Give your child access to books, magazines, and internet resources. This can help them discover more about various areas or talents they can try their hands on. Invest in educational and informative material to spark their curiosity.
5. Support their interests: Once your child begins showing true interest in something, give them the required tools. This may require investing in musical instruments, art supplies or sports equipment. Encourage them to practice and develop their abilities in the field they have chosen. You might have to change your schedule to accompany them to the dance training session. Or you might end up listening to that song they have been practising a zillion times- the key is doing it with the same zeal each time.
6. Be flexible and patient: Understand that discovering one’s calling is a journey and may take some time. Don’t put your child under excessive pressure or false expectations. Avoid comparing them with other children and let them learn at their own pace, just as you would wait patiently for a flower to bloom. You might also need to be mentally prepared for the idea that their passion may change over time but remember to support their evolving interest, whatsoever.
7. Set an example: Share your childhood stories, your personal interests and passions and more such real-life stuff with your child. They will be more motivated to follow the path to their passions if they witness you pursuing yours. Talk about your fascinating journey to success, your trials and errors and your motivations.
8. Celebrate achievements: Acknowledge and applaud your child’s accomplishments, no matter how small. Their confidence and motivation can both be increased by positive reinforcement. Show your support by displaying their artwork, highlighting their accomplishments, or attending their performances. Remember that each child is unique and so is their pace, and their idea of success. Even if they have not reached your expectations, continue to provide complete support and never doubt their abilities.
How Learner Circle helps children find their passion:
Congratulations! You are at the right place!
If your child is the center of your universe, so are they for us.
At Learner Circle, we keep the child as our prime interest, while helping them discover possibilities, pursue their passion, and achieve their full potential along the journey.
Click here to read an interesting article: The Seven Wonders of the World that all kids should learn about
Here are a few reasons why we are much loved by our learners:
We offer a variety of courses for students to explore including dance, music, language and skill-based courses.
The curriculum for each course is well-planned and designed to give an in-depth learning of all the concepts. At the same child, the pace of the child is respected.
Our tutors ensure that children pursue courses that resonate with their interests and can help them develop their innate talents bringing out the best in them.
Our expert tutors provide well-structured feedback to parents after each session, allowing you to understand each step of your child’s journey.
We keep our sessions interactive, ensuring that each child focuses on the lesson.
We regularly organize workshops, weekly tournaments, and many more events to enrich your child’s learning experience.
To discover the endless possibilities at Leaner Circle, get in touch with our team and explore our courses. Register for a free demo and help your child understand and follow their passion with our expert team
WhatsApp: +91 95000 02463
Our Courses: https://www.learnercircle.in/certificate-courses
In summary, assisting your child in discovering their passion can be an incredible and ongoing journey that calls for tolerance, love, and an open heart. You may enable your child to learn what actually motivates them by fostering their curiosity and offering opportunities for discovery. Keeping this in mind, your role as a parent is to be your child’s strongest support and guide on their journey to self-discovery.